Labels

Tuesday 22 February 2011

ASSIGNMENT 3A- SERVICE DESIGN

For this assignment I firstly took a look into service design and how this could relate to my past projects. Many of the service design tools could be used for my discipline as interior design is about designing certain spaces for a service or function. Here are a couple of examples which could or have helped me during past projects:
  •  STORYBOARD TOOL- It is simply described as showing "the manifestation of every touchpoint and the relationships between them and the user in the creation of the experience".
 I used this service tool in my furniture project. As I designed a multi functional furniture unit for my presentation I sketched different ways in which the unit could be used so therefore the viewer will be able to understand the different ways in which the furniture could be situated. Also an instruction manual was made by another member of the team which explained how the flat pack furniture was to be assembled in a story board senario so that the user has step by step instructions to follow.

  • GROUP SKETCHING- " It is used during the co-design sessions in order to share the insights inside the team.."
I feel that this could have been used in my juteopolis project to help plan out what my group wanted in our exhibition space. It probably would have got design ideas flowing more and resulting in a better understanding of what others thoughts were and bouncing off of each others ideas.

The trainride tool explains that by writing down certain touch points to a specific journey or experience that this gives a better visual observation to what happens at certain points. This tool could have helped with my rehabilitation unit that I designed in first year. As part of it I visiting the brain injury rehabilitation centre as I was to observe the space in which the patients lived in and how they interacted with it. I feel that if I used this tool I could have got a more effective outlook into how the space is used therefore coming up with a more user friendly atmosphere and documenting my findings in a more effective and quicker way.

No comments:

Post a Comment