Labels

Wednesday 2 February 2011

CREATIVE CONNECTIONS

Recently I have started my new project which is to design an office space for SEPA (Scottish Environment Protection Agency). The space which we are using is an existing warehouse which is situated on Tannidice Street in Dundee. I must include an entrance, reception area, waiting room, meeting rooms, library, storage, cafeteria, toilets, research labs, managers offices and office space for 24 staff.



This first week I have started into researching different contemporary offices, SEPA- what there main aims and goals are and into sustainable materials. This is the biggest space which I have had to design for but so far  I feel that this is going to be a very interesting and challenging brief. I am interested in the organic aspect of the natural environment and feel that this should reflect in my design.


Here are some images which I have researched into:

                                            Macquarie Group Ltd, Sydney

Brandbase  temporary office space, hundreds of pallets make up the interior space including desks and stairs- very impressive!

Chelpipe office/factory/control room

Modern house design by J. Mayer H. Architects


No comments:

Post a Comment