Labels

Thursday 4 November 2010

COMMEMORATIVE SPACE PROJECT (1ST YEAR)

For my first project in first year I was to design a commemorative space for either the Tay bridge disaster or the jute industry. I had two sites to choose from the riverside waste ground or law hill. I decided to focus on the Tay bridge disaster and have my commemorative space on the riverside waste ground as this is closer to the Tay bridge and is a large space of flat land. 

For my final idea I included the famous Tay bridge disaster poem by McGonagall which would be in the interior of my commemorative space. This would look quite abstract as it would be going around a cylinder shape so would be quite interesting for viewers. The main structure is based on the shape of the Tay bridge with many curved shapes which would look different from every angle. 




No comments:

Post a Comment