Labels

Friday 12 November 2010

FURNITURE & TECHNOLOGY

After last weeks lecture on make things make sense I decided that I would research into how technology and furniture could work together as my latest project is to make a contemporary piece of furniture. I found some interesting pieces of furniture. One which is a rocking chair that comes with a built in speaker system that will rock your body to the sound of music stemming from your home theatre. This also has a concealed iPod dock along with dedicated controls and a display on the arm rest.Whats really interesting about this chair is that you can use it in a variety of ways for watching DVD's, listening to music or playing computer games.

Another great invention is this book light which works very simply- when the book is on the light the light goes off, when you remove the book to read it it lights up so you are able to read your book. I thought this
was a really great idea as it is very practical, easy to use and would work well in many homes.


Finally this  funky light seat which I found very eye catching by Kiwi & Pom, I could imagine this piece in a contemporary student space or at a funky disco bar. This illuminated piece of furniture is constructed from over 200 linear metres of elecroluminescent wire.


I feel that last weeks lecture has given me a greater understandment and a different outlook on design and technology working together. This is a great way of looking at design which I will carry on exploring through my projects in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment